- Health Awareness & Education
- Legal Counseling & Support
- Documentation & Publication
- Information Dissemination
- Diagnosis & Treatment Camps
- Trained several hundred workers.
- Successful Campaign on Dust related Lung Diseases in Gujarat.
- Publication of bimonthly newsletter ‘Salamati’
- Helped workers claim various benefits entitled under Employees State Insurance Act
- Awareness through exhibitions and publications
- Silicosis prevention among gems & jewelry industry and other industries. We run day care center for working agate women to prevent silica exposure to children, run weekly clinic for silicosis victims in collaboration with Sri Krishna Hospital, Karamsad And Cardiac care Centre, Khambhat, help Silicosis Victims Association in advocacy for their rights, support widows and school going children as well as bed-ridden agate workers in various ways.
- Occupational health training.
- Legal support to the victims of occupational diseases.
We advice Trade Unions on OHS issues, as and when they need. We have been advising TUs as well as individual workers, citizens, NGOs and others on wide range of OHS issues. Information on various work place hazards is sought or the procedure to claim various benefits of ESI. Some inquire about legal provisions for this and some want us to forward their complaints to Factory Inspectorate or other authorities. We liaise with ESI hospital, ESIS administration and ESIC local offices apart from Directorate Industrial Safety & Health We have helped victims of occupational diseases even to get proper treatment. We helped workers of Hema Chemicals, victims of chromium exposure to get diagnosed and claim compensation.
Grassroot OHS groups all over world observe 28th April as International Workers Memorial Day. We have been observing this day since 1992. This is an occasion offered to the people to join paying tributes to the diseased workers and raise their voice to protect workers Health and Safety at work.
We have been organizing exhibitions in industrial areas since long. In course of time we have different sets of posters. A set of posters give information on Occupational Diseases. While another one is about Bhopal Gas tragedy. We have prepared posters on hazardous of various industrial materials on various body parts. This exhibition : ‘Our Body Our Work’-is organized at several places all over Gujarat. Poster exhibition gives us an opportunity to come in diret contract with people from all walks of life to whom we introduce our activities and publications.
Advice Center for OHS :
PTRC runs advice centre for occupational safety & health. The centre provides information on hazards, ways of prevention and laws. It also helps in diagnosis of occupational diseases and claim for compensation. It helps in locating the lawyer, preparing petition and explaining procedures. The centre is equipped with audiometer, Spiro meter and other basic instruments for clinical check up.
Our Funding partners:
Since 1992 several National and International organizations have supported our programs
- International Federation of Chemical, Energy and General Workers' Unions (ICEF) and later International Federation of Chemical, Energy, Mine and General Workers' Unions (ICEM); Belgium
- Global Greengrants Fund (GGF), USA
- Society For Participatory Research In Asia (PRIA), Delhi, India
- Asia Monitor Resource Centre (AMRC), Hong Kong
- Environmental Fund For NGOs, India
- JANPATH, India
- Gujarat Ecology Commission, India
- ActionAid India, India
- Environmental Equity justice partnership (EEJP),New Delhi, India
- Gujarat State AIDS Control Society (GSACS), India
- Director Industrial Safety & Health (DISH), Gujarat State, India
- Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, India
- Bhansali Trust, India.
- Institute for Global Labor And Human Rights, USA
- Several individual donors.
PTRC is associated with/member of following networks:
- ANROEV (Asian Network of Rights of Occupational & Environmental Victims)
- OHENI (Occupational & Environmental Health Network India )
- CRCG (Child Rights Collective Gujarat )
- GOHNET (Global Occupational Health Network)
- JSA (Jan Swasthya Abhiyan)